Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To walk among the all-time greats


I KNOW we can write a good book! The interesting thing is: why the desire to go public?. What drives a person on to the stage to play or sing while others are content to watch? Does it go back to a lack of attention from parents at a young age, or is it too much continual parental adoration, creating a need to be noticed? Somehow the approval of others gives validation, whatever the psychological reason. So here we go. We need words - we need pictures. Riding my bike to work today I thought to myself, I don't want to contribute just "adequate" pictures to help tell the story - I want to create amazing, wonderful pictures - there are so many fabulous children's illustrators, so I guess one of my motivations is the desire to be included among them.

* Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment