Monday, June 15, 2009

Escaping the pull of the moon

So, after a prolific and exciting start to the artwork portion of our book, suddenly nothing.
Its now been a couple of weeks since I’ve produced anything of significance for the book. This morning I met Sherryll and her kids, who I know are all eagerly anticipating a new fun-filled drawing for the story. I yammered a variety of excuses, some valid, others to placate myself as I search inwardly for a good reason why nothing has come forth recently. Then riding down on this beautiful spring morning I remembered something about my self. This may sound like voodoo, but somehow my creative cycles are closely aligned with the cycle of the moon. I know, I know, werewolves come to mind at first when you hear this kind of thing, closely followed by aliens and /or Elvis sightings, but its true. I can offer no feasible explanation, but for the empirical evidence of my own canvasses, songs and a variety of creative stuff I have to show, all which came from me while the Moon shone un-shadowed by the Earth.
This cycle isn’t always positive, and I haven’t tracked it closely, but there are full moons that have exactly the opposite effect. It occurs to me today that this past Monday, June 8th was such a moon for me, hence I have had a terribly un-productive four weeks. No songs (I’m recording an album with a musical partner), no drawings, zilch.
BUT - Sherryll - the good news is that the next full moon coming up, July 7th, should bring about my creative cycle! Stay tuned - drawings should be arriving from the moon any day now! Posted by Dan, June 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment